Your bike fit is personalized to your biomechanics and fitness goals and will take 2-3 hours.
Laura uses the science and methodology of the Serotta International Cycling Institute (SICI) combined with her knowledge of anatomy and kinesiology (the study of human movement) to provide professional services to cyclists of all disciplines to achieve their cycling goals.
Your bike fit is personalized to your biomechanics and fitness goals and will take 2-3 hours. After a detailed assessment of your alignment, flexibility, and strength, your bike fit will be tailored to you to optimize efficiency/performance, improve comfort, and decreased risk for injury/accelerate healing from an injury.
After your fit, you will be provided a home exercise program to address mobility/strength deficits to further improve your cycling performance and decrease risk for injury.
What clients are saying
- “My neck/upper back and pelvic pain is completely gone, including my 5-6 hour long rides.”
- ”Pure speed and joy! The pain and numbness is gone!”
- ”I now feel balanced, pain-free, and powerful on my bike.”
For more information about SICI, please visit https://www.serottacyclinginstitute.com/
What is assessed?
- Essential foot and lower extremity/spine flexibility assessment
- Body alignment
- Strength specific for cycling
- Foot sizing and arch analysis
- Assessment and proper positioning of cleats
- Shims and wedges are included with fit
- Proper saddle positioning (height, fore/aft, tilt)
- Proper saddle size and shape
- Simulated Handlebar reach with sizing stem
- Handlebar width with adjustable width and drop and rotation
- Break/shifters adjustment
- Proper stance width
- Proper crank arm length
- Video Analysis of joint angles
- Detailed measurement and documentation of position
- Documentation provided to you electronically for your records
- Before and after photo documentation of your position
- Specific recommendations for bike setup and parts at completion of fitting
- Follow up appointment included with fitting to ensure the best outcome
Preparing for your fit
To replicate your normal riding position, please bring your clean bike, shoes, riding shorts and jersey.
House calls are available to address your bike or home based bike (Peloton, etc.) precision fit with the same comprehensive approach used in the office. Please call to schedule a home bike fit.
Discounts are available for multiple bikes
Here's what our clients have to say
Great people to work with! Professional and super knowledgeable!! If you need PT in southern maine this is the place to go!
June 24, 2021
I scheduled a comprehensive bike fit with Laura at the recommendation of a neighbor. I have a new bike and am new to the sport of road cycling. I had... read more
June 24, 2021
I developed a case of "chuck-it" elbow through overuse playing with the dogs. My elbow hurt when it was moved and while I slept. Over just a few sessions Melinda... read more
July 24, 2021
I just had my evaluation at SoPo Physical Therapy, Laura and Melinda are so nice and knowledgeable. I had an intake the day after I reached out for information and... read more
April 24, 2022
Laura and Melinda are so incredibly knowledgeable yet down-to-earth. I can go in there and barely explain what's hurting in my body and they know how to help me. They... read more
October 24, 2021
Laura has done an incredible job helping me with my bike fit as well as with isolating some pains that come up on longer rides.
She's been incredibly patient and responsive... read more
August 24, 2021
Had a bike fitting done on my race bike. Laura was very knowledgeable and helped me be a lot more comfortable on the bike. She also noticed a couple... read more
June 24, 2021
Just had my first appointment with Melinda today. I've been having back pain for a year and I just thought it was something I was going to have to live... read more
March 24, 2022